Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beautiful Room: 03.02.10

Isn't this a great living area in Christopher and Suzanne Sharp's London home? I don't know if I would be brave enough to throw all these colours together, but it really works. Love the white fireplace, bookcase and trim against the teal walls, as well as the addition of the primary colours in the couches (what a great shape), chairs and rug. There is just the right balance of bright and neutral.

Photo: Vogue

I'm a big fan of bookcases and stacks of books everywhere, maybe because I have the habit of leaving books scattered and stacked for my husband to trip over. I think it makes a room look lived in and it lends this room homey character. I'm also really feeling the 60s Barbier lamps on the mantle, purchased from the Pruskin Gallery in London, and the 70s-era coffee table from Les Couilles Du Chien. The artwork, including Peter Blake's Alphabet, 2008, adds to the colourful and lively vibe of the room.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...