Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Friday, March 4, 2011

Fit For a Princess: Designs for Kate Middleton's Wedding Shoes


Manolo Blahnik
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm pretty excited for the royal wedding in April. I pretty much like any wedding and one on this kind of grand scale is all kinds of fun. Plus, I'm mostly just interested to see who Kate Middleton wears on her wedding day (at one point I heard that Victoria Beckham was designing the dress and, while unlikely, I happen to think it's also all kinds of awesome). Hopefully Kate hadn't picked John Galliano as the designer--and I'm crossing my fingers there will be more than one costume change.

Giuseppe Zanotti
While we wait to find out just who is designing Kate Middleton's wedding dress five great shoe designers have offered up their ideas to WWD of their version fit-for-a-princess footwear. Which one is your fave?

Manolo Blahnik created a pump decorated with sea pearls and lilies of the valley fashioned out of organza. According to Blahnik the shoe "represents springtime and everything fresh and new, which is what Kate Middleton is all about.” While I like the whimsy of this shoe it may be a bit too matchy-matchy if Kate has lilies of the valley in her bouquet.

René Caovilla
Not surprisingly Giuseppe Zanotti went for the drama with a black satin strappy number showcasing a large sapphire circled by diamonds (clearly a shout out to Kate's engagement ring). For a little edge the shoe designer went for a metal-tipped heel and I think he achieved his objective of a shoe that was both modern and sophisticated.

Cesare Casadei
RenĂ© Caovilla dreamed of an "elegant, sexy and precious" shoe that "suggests a magical atmosphere.” While his sandal, covered in marabou feathers and multi-coloured gems, may be a bit OTT for the Windsors I'm a fan of the jewelled strap and heel.

Cesare Casadei's designed a shoe made for dancing and I'm a fan of the hint of pink he's added to the elegant shape of his design, which is embroidered and dripping with crystals.

Georgina Goodman
Romanticism and history inspired Georgina Goodman's pump, made of Welsh lace and decorated with Scottish seed pearls. “I wanted to create something special with an intrinsic emotional value; something old and at the same time mirroring Kate’s fresh modernity," Goodman explains of her design. "I have aimed for a balance between history and femininity fitting the occasion; a kind of luxury recycling.” I think the design is beautiful, but it almost looks like it would fall apart--not ideal on a high traffic day. The pearl-inspired heel is beautiful but looks precarious.

You can also check out the new Royal Wedding Website (admittedly, it's not very exciting at the moment). Which design do you think would suit Kate?



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple Giveaway.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...