Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, March 21, 2011

Pizza Al Metro


If you're looking for some good Italian food and nice ambiance north of the city then you should definitely check out the recently opened Pizza Al Metro. I don't think I've ever posted about this place, but I after I went again on Friday I decided it with high time. When we arrived the place was packed with people enjoying a good meal and we got a private room that was nice and cozy (there are several of different sizes you can book for a special occassion or if you just want a bit more privacy.)

An Example of Pizza Al Metro

As always I'm a bad blogger and didn't bring along a camera, but I've relied on some photos found on the web to help me illustrate this story. The pizza al metro concept is pretty popular in Europe but I haven't seen it much on this side of the ocean. Basically you get a metre of pizza that can serve up to four or five and you can section it into a couple different types of pizza so everyone can sample a bit of each.


Aside from this pizza specialty the restaurant also offers personal-sized pizzas, meat dishes cooked over open flame and some great appetizers. Although torn I decided to go with the rice balls and was not at all disappointed. Even though I prefer mine without peas these were really, really good. For my main I went with the Doppia Facce, half a Margherita pizza and half a calzone stuffed with soft ricotta. Delicious, but unfortunately I could only get about half way through it and then M ate the rest. Two thumbs up from his side of the table.


Our table then ordered some Speducci but I could only manage to try a bite (they were very tasty). I was so full I had to forgo the Nutella pizza dessert on the menu and opt for two espressos instead. All in all a delicious night!  What did you do this weekend?



Images 1, 3, 4 via



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...