Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gossip Girl 'The Townie' Episode and Fashion Recap

Serena's Top - Ferragamo RTW 2010,  Pants - Vince,
Necklace - Oscar de la Renta, Rings - Low Luv

This is what frontier justice looks like? Colour me disappointed. Sure, Blair and Dan were pretty clever in unravelling all of Juliet's lies but it stings a bit when the bad girl confesses all (and Serena forgives her) before they've had time to quell their blood lust let alone drive back from Connecticut. Oh, well, there's always January and what Chuck is undoubtedly about to do to Lily. Who I almost felt sorry for tonight. Hey, I said almost. I hate this selling-Bass-Industries twist because I kind of liked Chuck having that parental unit he could turn to. And I liked how she called him Charles. Now he's just left with his Uncle Jack. Ick.

The Showdown: Blair's Skirt - Ulla Johnson Solange, Blouse - Dries Van Noten
Necklace - Alex Woo, Tights - Hue

Anyone else suffering from whiplash on how fast they turned around on this Ben thing? I get that being totally innocent he was probably super pissed at Serena for, you know, sending him to jail and all. I also get that due to this he wanted to squash her like a bug, but in the space of two episodes he's gone from wanting to ruin her life to being in jail looking all wide eyed and innocent. I mean, isn't this the guy who got Nate's dad beat up and insisted that his sister abandon the boy she loved to carry out his plan of revenge? Now he's all, "Make sure Serena's safe!" Uh huh. And of course now that Serena knows the truth the first thing she does is go to see Ben--girl can never resist a man who is unavailable. Although this time I think she's gone a bit far with the guy being, oh, behind bars and all. I think this is something her shrink definitely needs to work on--and it would require much more than 72 hours without a telephone and Gossip Girl blasts.

Is it just me or...

 Is the storyline with Nate's parents boring?

Are the writers leading us down the path of a Blair and Dan hookup?
For shame! Although there was quite a bit of witty banter tonight that I enjoyed. The whole opening bit after they got coffee was great.

Is the next stop Betty Ford for good ol' Lily?
There must be a reason Rufus commented on her drinking in the afternoon.



New BFFs?

Blair's black and white checked coat - Bensoni
Gorgeous bag with bow - Valentino Aphrodite Tote
Patterned Tights - Anthropologie
Leather and Snakeskin Patchwork Pumps - Giuseppe Zanotti

I liked Juliet's hair this episode and I thought her
 outfit was more youthful--and less hard--than
usual. I suppose that was done on purpose.

Juliet's striped wool double-layer sweater dress - A.L.C.
Boots - Manolo Blahnik
Juliet's jacket looks similar to the
L'Agence's Shearling Nubuk Biker

Flashback Serena: Pursuing--and ruining--
unavailable men since 2007.

Serena's striped blazer - Boy by Band of Outsiders
Plaid shorts - Buella by Joie
Brooks Brothers Tie


What did you think of the episode?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...