Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Yummy Appetizer: Brie with Fig Jam



New Year's typically means more gatherings and, yes, more food. One of my fave go-to appetizers is brie cheese with fig jam, crisps and walnuts. Not only is it delicious but totally easy to make, too.

There are tons of ways to make brie including different spreads, crackers and bread that people use. Others bake the brie in puff pastry, which makes for a nice presentation but a different taste, I find.



I love Lesley Stowe Raincoast Crisps in the Rosemary Raisin Pecan flavour. The mix really goes great with the Brie, much better than regular crackers or plain bread (in my opinion!) I can't remember the exact name of the fig jam I use but for those who are local it has an orange top and is available at Longo's (usually in the cheese section or with the other jams).



To make the appetizer I just cut the wheel of brie in half and coat liberally with jam. Then I bake it at about 325 for 5 to 8 minutes in the oven or just put it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. When the insides are melted and oozing slightly I remove the brie and top it with more jam and crushed walnuts. I serve on a dish with fun spreaders and surrounded by the crisps. The brie is great with wine too and has always been a hit when served. What's your go-to appetizer?

Wishing all of you a very safe and happy
New Year's Eve! xoxo


Images: 1 / 2 / 3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...