Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Friday, December 10, 2010

Holidays 2010: All Wrapped Up


When we went shopping for Christmas ornaments the year we got married I fell in love with the idea of light green ornaments for the tree (a kind of pistachio-mint hybrid). I could find no "collection" featuring this hue so I set about collecting green and gold ornaments from here and there. This year--four years on--Debbie Travis created a Pistachio Tree for Canadian Tire, just when I've moved on! I'm not abandoning my old ornaments, which I still love, but I decided to add some teal blue for more of a peacock combo.


A lot of my original ornaments already had a feather theme like the one above (sorry, I know these aren't the best pics, but it's enough to get the idea) and others that I love like a green glass ball with white feathers inside. Including peacock feathers was a logical progression. So now our tree has not only green and gold but also blue and peacock feathers. Which were the colours that I was looking for when it came to wrapping.


I think I've already mentioned that I'm pretty anal when it comes to matching wrapping to my tree. Just like when I first fell in love with my ornaments finding the right shades of wrapping is never easy. I guess my colours just aren't that traditional. This year I searched high and low and kept coming up empty. I wanted a paper that would combine the green and gold and also just some plain gold with no design. Easier said than done but--finally!--I found some great options.


I'm not sure if you can tell but this alligator-print wrapping paper is the perfect mix of green with gold. I was over the moon when I found it at Homesense. The paper is also thick and beautiful and easy to wrap. Add to it some plain, shiny gold wrapping I found at Michaels and I was good to go.


While at Michaels I also picked up some teal ribbon and came across this gold peacock-print ribbon that I just couldn't pass up considering my tree theme.


Instead of using traditional name tags I decided to do something a little different this year.
 

I picked up some sparkly scrapbooking letters in, yes, green and blue that I used to write out the name of gift recipients and monogram the presents.

So happy I'm now done my wrapping!



VoilĂ ! The finished product.


How are you coming along with your holiday preparations?
Any weekend plans?
Don't forget to enter the Pixelimpress giveaway if you haven't yet!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...