Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, October 25, 2010

"Life As We Know It" Interiors



How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good, but over way too fast. I did manage to start my Christmas shopping, which is at once depressing (how is it that time of year already?!) and kind of triumphant (I'm Queen of the Procrastinators, I never start this early!) Yesterday I also watched Life As We Know It with Josh Duhamel and Katherine Heigl. I'll admit that I've had a crush on Josh Duhamel for ages and would watch pretty much anything he's in. This movie was predictable, but I think the charm and chemistry of the stars elevated it to entertaining--for me at least. What's telling about where I am in my life right now is that I spent almost as much time inspecting the movie's decor and interiors as I did gazing at Josh Duhamel.


The home in the movie was a charming Colonial-style in Georgia, although the interiors seem to be sets built with inspiration from the original. While searching for screencaps of the decor I came across Hooked on House's post about the real house (above) going on sale and you can see pictures of the real interior there. The movie's interiors are clearly meant to convey the stereotypical affluent suburban home, and incorporate a lot of trends seen everywhere these days, but I thought the overall look was warm and chic, classic and inviting.


I loved the wood floors. You can't see it here but they were also laid at interesting angles in some parts. For our new house we chose a darker greyish stain, which I was initially hesitant about, but M loved so we went with it. This movie had me seriously rethinking the choice in favour of a more classic chocolate brown.


Loved the red front door.


I wouldn't have gone with the taupe-beige
paint, but the mouldings are lovely.
Some of the accessories seem right out of
a catalogue, maybe not in a good way.


Kind of hard to see here, but that's a quatrefoil
lamp behind Josh. Loved the built-ins, too.



Suzanne Kasler Quatrefoil Floor Lamp



I liked the dining room set--dark wood table,
neutral nailhead chairs and a pretty chandelier.


There are tons of these dining chairs around, too,
that can be found at places like Restoration Hardware.



A similar light fixture to the one in the movie. This one
by Thomas O'Brien and available at Circa Lighting.



The very on-trend white kitchen complete with black
countertops and the requisite Wolf range. If you'd like to
replicate the look of the rattan stools (I have no idea
how comfortable those would really be),
you can try something like this:

Padma's Plantation Monte Cristo Rattan Stool



There are also a ton of industrial pendant lights to be
 found these days. The Edwardian style above from
Circa Lighting is only one example (another). 



The back of the real house. A great place to kick back with a bottle of red.


What do you think?
Liking this style? Have you seen the movie?






Photos via The Movie Insider and Hooked on Houses



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...