Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gossip Girl 'Goodbye Columbia' Episode and Fashion Recap



Blair in a Nanette Lepore Dress, Bag by Nancy
Gonzalez, Studded Pumps by Mechante
 
Stiiillll full from Thanksgiving. Man, two days of eating really do take their toll, which is why I found myself in front of the TV last night in a kind of turkey induced haze. I didn't manage to get a good look at the outfits at the Hamilton House party, but I did think Blair looked really pretty and I loved how she styled her key pendant. I was also feeling Serena's liquid liner cat eyes. As for Serena's new dude I've seen him on lots of other stuff, like All My Children and I think he was on Mad Men, too, and I've never been a huge fan. Hopefully he'll have a good story and become semi-interesting. Episode spoilers below...


So, basically, Juliet's whole dastardly plan is to ruin Serena and "leave her with nothing." Okay then. Juliet should know better than this. There will always be some guy who wants to keep Serena's bed warm, false STD rumors be damned. I can't wait until Serena and Blair crush Juliet.

I love the yellow (Madison Marcus Spring 2010 Vest) and blue (Mulberry Leah Blue Plonge Hobo) mix in Serena's outfit. The accessories are great, too: Maloles Dorothy Oxfords, Fallon Veruca Bib Necklace and a Scaled Cuff by Alexis Bittar. Just me though or has Serena's hair seemed a little too frizzy lately? Like, doesn't-own-a-comb messy?


This whole Blair-Chuck thing is killing me. I'm hoping it's all leading up to some hot make-up you know what, but who can really tell with these two? The whole Chuck-at-Columbia thing is a little hard to believe, but I did love that Rotunda exchange. I just don't understand how Chuck could have been sooo in love with Eva. He totally would have ditched her at the train station if Blair had taken him back, I guess one "I'm Chuck Bass" and a plane ride back to New York really do change everything.

I really liked the above outfit, too, from the blue Gypsy 05 Marlee Silk Top to the stunning Susanna Galanis agate statement necklace. Not to mention those heartstopping Giuseppe Zanotti stitched booties (I.Want.) and the YSL Roady Hobo. Blake Lively is probably one of the only women alive who can make a skort (by Wayne) sexy.


Vanessa is usually a character I hardly even notice, but I really felt bad for her this episode. Terrible enough that Juliet made Vanessa her scapegoat, but could Dan have acted any more disinterested?

This Catherine Malandarino dress was a rare outfit win for Vanessa. It was great paired with fab Pour La Victoire Jilliana Sandals, a Radley London Hutchinson Crossbody SatchelBounkit Bracelet, Stephen Dweck necklace and Gemma Redux Jamee Earrings.


So many of Juliet's daytime outfits look the same to me, all those neutral coloured suits and dresses. Here she's in a navy Dolce jacket, Wayne dress, fab Louboutin lace-up peep toe booties, Sequin chain necklace and a CC Skye Turner Hobo.

I loved Juliet's line about Gossip Girl's "very helpful" hookup flow chart (at times I feel like I could use one myself), but one of my fave lines of the night was Nate's, "No hugs. You're not getting a hug" to Dan. The only time I don't want to go homicidal on Dan's scrawny ass is when he's in scenes with Nate.


I don't have screencaps but I'm pretty sure this Louis Vuitton is the dress Blair was wearing to the Hamilton House party. Thoughts? Confirmations? And while at first glance Serena's white dress reminded me of this Antonio Berardi...


 ...turns out it was also Vuitton (but shown in a different colour on the runway in 2006). Thanks Laura for reminding me about the gold stitching!


Worn with Brian Atwood Martay pumps (S/S 2010)

and a Fallon Victoria Fair Isle cuff



What did you think of last night's episode?





GG Photos: Giovanni Rufino/The CW © 2010 The CW Network
Runway Photos: style.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...