Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Beautiful Home: 10.07.10


The first thing that attracted me to designer Judith Nadler Ellerman's home--the converted Fort Sheridan artillery stable built in 1892--were the unique architectural details like the soaring ceilings and the rounded windows. While not everything in the house is strictly my style I thought it was great how Ellerman was able to mix pieces and styles to create her own unique look. Love the animal print on the neutral sofa.


I don't think I would ever use this plaid fabric (from Jim Thompson) in my own home, but I applaud the courage to go for something so bold. I die over these reclaimed hardwood floors, though. How gorgeous. “I think it’s important to have a look that is not too serious or too predictable,” Judith told Traditional Home, who reports that the designer often combines French antique furniture with contemporary sculptures and tribal art. “I love the interplay of antiques and objects from all cultures with clean-lined architecture and modern details.” Painting on far wall by Kirk Deffebach.


A unique and rustic kitchen featuring more reclaimed hardwood floors,
red Anne Sacks tiles and colourful rugs.


I love the juxtaposition of the more modern marble with the heft
of the distressed wood island. The copper elements add character.


I love this grey and yellow fabric (Pauda by Grey Watkins from Stark) used in the bedroom not to mention those windows. The sculpture is Il Baccio, by Ric McClain, fitting for a master bedroom, I'd say.


The beautiful outdoor area.




Thanks so much for all the kind words on my Blog Crawl post yesterday. I really appreciate all of you reading and commenting so much. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!




Photos via Traditional Home





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...